Thursday, August 9, 2012

finally feeling at home

   It has been a month since I arrived in Australia, and I am just about to finish my third week of classes, but it was not until today that I really started to feel at home.  I last week, I joined the women's touch rugby team on my college and yesterday, I went to my first anime club meeting on campus.  I started rowing on the weekends and have signed up for the dive club.  I have started making friends with whom I talk about more than just the difference between Australia and America and I am getting used to the lecture style of my classes.  I am finally settling into the rhythms of the semester, and may even have an exciting internship lined up!  Its nice to be able to relax and not be so anxious all the time.  I can now really appreciate the fact that I am here, and seize all the opportunities that come my way.  I'm so glad that I am here.

No comments:

Post a Comment